Things are crazy busy here! School is around the corner…so I am working 24-7 getting my department ready for the first day of school. Football is also HUGE right now. Punky has practice 4 days a week for 2 hours each day. He really likes it, but my gosh, it is hard core! Almost seems like a mini-boot camp! But, he is loving it! The smile on his face and sparkle in his eye at the end of practice each night is so worth it!
The kitchen is coming along…. Should be done later this week. I promise to post pics! 🙂 Our AC went out last week, so my counter-depth fridge purchase is on the back burner for now…. but I still like how the fridge looks in its new home.
Tonight, on the menu plan was spaghetti. I have to say that since I started making this sauce, my boys do not want sauce from a jar. So, I thought I’d share the recipe! I got the base of this from allrecipes.com, and I tweaked it a bit for our taste.
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley <—– from our garden!
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 finely diced onions
- 1 cup white wine (i use red since that’s all I ever have!)
- 1 package italian sausage, ground (I use turkey italian sausage! Yum!)
- In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown sausage with the olive oil. Then add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite pasta ar garlic bread (Great dunking sauce!)