So, I got the Fix-It and Forget-It 5 Ingredient cookbook for Christmas. Thought I’d try a few recipes out when I got home from Chicago. By far, my favorite one so far is the one for rice pudding. I made a small adjustment just to use up some leftovers… so I thought I’d share.
8 cups milk (I used 7 cups milk and 1 cup heavy whipping cream to use up my leftovers from Christmas’ spinach casserole)
1 cup raw long grain rice
1 cup sugar
2 T butter
2 t vanilla
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, mix milk, rice, sugar, and butter together. Cover.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, and then stir. Cover, microwave 4 minutes; stir. Repeat for three, two, one minutes of cooking time stirring between each cooking time.
3. Pour into a crock pot. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours (Stir occasionally if you are home).
5. Cook on HIGH an additional 1 1/2 – 2 hours uncovered, or until the rice is cooked through and creamy, but not dry or mushy. Just an FYI, rice pudding thickens as it cools…
That’s it! And it is very tasty! Enjoy!