SO, I’ve been absent from ALL of my blogs for over a month now. I have lots to say, but, I’ll just summarize a few things bullet-style here… (So, for my “punny” readers…..Here’s the Schad “Ketchup” not mustard!)
- I quietly turned 38 last month. 38 and pregnant. Yikes!
- Baby making is going well. Heartburn seems to be the killer this time.
- Fought a lovely sinus infection off with Amoxicillin and Tylenol. Kinda like drinking water and chewing bubblegum. Last time I was pregnant with Punky I could at least have Sudafed!
- Watched some great movies the past few weeks: Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (Fabulous); The Help; Moneyball; and Bridesmaids. Even saw Dolphin Tale (which was adorable!)
- Been hooked on The Voice. Punky and I LOVE it! My favorite so far is Pip!
- Also hooked on Revenge. Great show!
- Getting organized for a scrapbooking weekend retreat next weekend! I am so excited! I leave Thursday after school! 🙂 (Be ready for some pics of layouts next weekend!)
- Hubby has been PHENOMENAL. I am so lucky. The poor man works all day, and then comes home to an exhausted, heart-burning wife who has the energy level of a sloth by the end of the school day. 😦 I keep telling him the second trimester will be better! (So far, it hasn’t…..buut hey, it just started!)
- My parents are on a cruise for two weeks. I talk to my mom MULTIPLE times a day usually. it’s quite weird not being able to pick up the phone and chat! Not sure I like this!
- Had Punky’s parent-teacher conference last week. The kid is a rockstar. He’s made LOTS of gains with friends and the whole social aspect of school. I just have to get him a bit more relaxed about going! Academically, he’s doing very well! Math is his forte.
Pretty sure,No, let’s try that again, VERY SURE he didn’t get that from me! I finally talked him into entering his “baseball game” into the Art and Academic Expo next month. He’s excited.
- Signed Punky up for baseball this year instead of advanced t-ball. He’s VERY excited for this to start! He’s also got his heart set on Flag Football in the Fall. 🙂 He’s such a sport nut!
- I have no brain left. Really. This kid is sucking it all from my head. (I even overheard Punky telling Hubby this one day!) I need to write EVERYTHING down. I have 25 more weeks to go…..and then the “Baby Brain” hits from exhaustion. Can’t wait! It’ll be so worth it!
- Ultrasound has been moved up to March 22nd to take another peek at baby and hopefully determine gender. (This baby better cooperate!) I am excited! Punky is set on a boy, whom he wants to name Kirby Puckett Killebrew Schad. Seriously, I’m not kidding.
- Punky and I will head to Illinois to visit the Murawski family over our spring break. Hubby will stay back here and work to save his days for later this year! 🙂
- sat down to do our taxes yesterday. Royal Bummer. I was expecting a small return, but nope, instead, my new job bumped us into the next tax bracket, so we have to pay in….to state and federal. So not the news I wanted this weekend! 😦 oh well.
- Punky declared today as PAJAMA DAY. Being as thought it is now 1:45 PM, I guess I should just surrender to that idea!
I promise to not stay away so long. I am hoping my energy level will be bumping up a few notches in the next few weeks! 🙂 A girl can wish, right?