Everytime I attended a Schad Christmas at my in-laws house, my mother-in-law always served punch. Since she has passed away, and I have hosted, I always feel badly that we don’t have punch, so this year, I wanted to make punch.
A quick search on all-recipes came up with this delicious recipe:
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
- 4 cups cranberry-apple juice, chilled
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a saucepan, bring the water, sugar and cinnamon to a boil; stir until sugar is dissolved. Chill. Just before serving, combine the syrup mixture, juices and ginger ale in a punch bowl or large pitcher. Serve over ice.
I was excited to finally have punch…and it was quite tasty too! ****Plus there were no citrus juices so Hubby could drink it, too! 🙂