Hubby decided to make sloppy joes this past weekend. He was going to make his mom’s recipe, which is great, but we didn’t have some of the ingredients. I pulled out a recipe I have used in the past – easy, peasy, and oh so yummy! Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Then, it was freezing cold for the umpteenth day up here, so Punky asked for the stuffing and chicken dinner. I obliged. It warms your tummy, and I love to serve it with green beans and biscuits or warm bread. Enjoy!
Chicken/Stuffing Casserole (or hot dish if you live up here!)
- 6 chicken breasts (I like to use Schwan’s frozen Chicken Breasts)
- shredded cheese (cheddar) or american cheese slices (i like cheddar)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 or 2 boxes stuffing
- In a casserole dish (13×9) place chicken breasts on bottom.
- Mix can of soup with the milk and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Layer shredded cheese on top of the soup mixture.
- Combine the butter with the dry stuffing mix; then place the mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (covered). Then, remove cover and bake another 15 minutes.