I made these today for the family picnic we went to in Blue Earth, MN. They were delicious! I doubled the recipe and it turned out great! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese; cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons diced Claussen Dill Pickle Spears
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, put through press
- 8 hamburger buns
- lettuce (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion and black pepper until beef is cooked through.
- Drain off excess fat and transfer beef to a 3 1/2 to 5-quart crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients except Hamburger buns, Lettuce and tomato.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve the beef on toasted sandwich buns with an assortment of condiments.