My mom and dad are here visiting us from Illinois. 🙂 It’s so nice to see them and be able to spend time with them! They got here tonight and came and picked up Punky to go with them to check in to their hotel room. Punky was so excited!!!! He had a blast with them!
When they all get back to the house, I made Shrimp Scampi, a green salad, and garlic/sun-dried tomato bread sticks. It was all so delicious!
Here’s the shrimp scampi recipe. I served it over angel hair pasta, and I added in a bag of scallops too. It was so good! 😀
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
6 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup of dry white wine (e.g., Sauvignon Blanc)
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 pinch crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp. capers
Juice of one lemon
4 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. precooked frozen shrimp, thawed
Salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet
- Sauté garlic and onions over high heat till onions start to turn clear
- Add the wine, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, capers, and lemon juice, lower heat to medium, and reduce for about five minutes. The sauce will thicken up.
- Add butter and stir until it is melted into the sauce.
- Add shrimp and turn heat to medium-low. Heat through
- Salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese.