Today is my dad’s 60th birthday… so in honor of him, here are 13 Things About My Dad. (I made him a digital scrapbook of 60 reasons why I love him for his BIG Birthday.) Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!
- My dad likes to skip with us when we are out in public…namely parking lots. I think he did this to embarrass us when we were kids….I usually joined right with him.
- My dad used to kill all of my spiders for me! (My hero!) One morning when I was in high school, I remember getting up at an ungodly 4:15 AM to curl my hair before school. A spider had sauntered down the wall towards me and my curling iron, so I proceeded to spray it with hairspray until it stopped moving. When dad got up at 5:30, he disposed of the body for me!
- My dad taught me to not throw “like a girl” when I was younger. We spent hours in the common ground behind our home throwing footballs or playing catch. 🙂
- My dad works with numbers…and I used to try SO HARD to understand his way of solving math problems when he was helping me with my homework. It never seemed to match how my teacher did it…but I wanted to do things like he did! 🙂
- My dad would let me “drive” (on his lap) every evening during teh summer if I waited for him on the corner of our cul-de-sac when he was coming home from work. I loved this!
- My dad can quote Napoleon Dynamite.
- My dad always lets me (and still does) borrow his clothes, shoes, and/or socks. I used to always LOVE wearing his sweaters or shirts back in the 80s. Now, I usually forget socks or shoes when I come home to visit, so I usually borrow his. 🙂
- My dad is the best griller in the world! He can make anything ‘TO PERFECTION” on his gas grill.
- My dad is so cute when he drives his little Crossfire convertible. He gets so excited when he gets to drive with the “top down!”
- My dad is always there for me when I need help, a hug, an ear, or a little support. THANK YOU, Dad!
- Sometimes I have made my dad cry from laughing so hard at me. “Daaaaaaad!”
- My dad loves Da Bears…and I know deep down inside he’s still a Cubs fan!
- My dad is an amazing man…dad…husband…grandpa…and I am really proud to be his daughter!
(Ooops…….I ran out of numbers…..but My, Dad, is, the, Comma, King!) Heheheheee!
Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!